Monday, January 07, 2008

John Edwards In New Hampshire



John Edwards gave a great speech at a townhall meeting in New Hampshire.

"...I hear from other candidates, I hear them say, 'Well, here is what I wanna do. I wanna sit at the table with the stakeholders, and negotiate with the drug companies, the oil companies, the insurance companies and somehow they'll voluntarily give their power away. (laugh) In whose world?

"I mean this a complete and total fantasy. It will never happen. I know it. I've been battling these people my whole life. You can't nice them to death."

Edwards delivered his populist message clearly and with humor. Why I prefer Edwards over Barack Obama is there has been substance in his talks about change. Edwards has released wonkish policy proposals. Edwards was the first Democratic candidate to release a health care proposal.

Edwards needs to win a primary or the Nevada caucas before Florida. South Carolina, which Edwards won in 2004, is not a lock. The Rasmussen poll shows Obama at 42 percent, Hillary Clinton at 30 percent and Edwards at 14 percent. Edwards needs a win and soon. Nevada is Edwards best hope with union backing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home