Sunday, October 14, 2007

:: Naked Brunch: Live Music Sunday ::

I've been buying music and concert/venue tickets this weekend. (Yes, I have diverse musical taste and this doesn't cover 1% of it.)

Tonight, it's Lyle Lovett at the Majestic. On short notice, I managed to get a seat in the Orchestra center stage, about 10 rows back. Damn good seat. Anyway, here is a little sample of Lyle and His Large Band live last month. (By the way, I went to university with Lyle. I'm positive he has zero recollection.)

In two weeks, I'll be in Austin at Stubb's for the outdoor performance of Collective Soul. I just purchased their latest and greatest and Ed Roland is smashing. I have always liked them, with a special fondness for Ed. (Seriously drool-worthly, in more ways than one.) Below, are a variety of music videos by Collective Soul, from their newly released CD entitled "Afterwords" thru those on their others, such as the self-entitled "Collective Soul," "Dosage," "From the Ground Up," "Youth," "Blender" and more. I have always liked Collective Soul for their hard, rocking harshness to their sweetest, soulful ballad. I highly recommend their latest efforts in "Afterwords." I've listened to it about 5 times in a row now and I'm hooked. Ofcourse, I'm still hooked on their self-entitled "Collective Soul" album as well, and have been since it was released in the 1990s. You can listen to the tunes on their new CD by visiting the Collective Soul link above.




November 4th, I'll be back at the Majestic for Ben Harper. Hot Damn! Here's his "Fight Outta You." I really like Ben. You can listen to more at his MySpace site link above.





Then, well, I bought tickets for the The TenTenors on November 27th and am using my mom as an excuse. Quit laughing! I like Opera and shit, so I thought I would like to hear a mix of Opera trained Aussies singing some contemporary tunes, among others. Here is one of my favorite Freddy Mercury songs (Queen), "Bohemian Rhapsody."





And, just for comparison sake, here is Queen's Freddy Mercury singing "Bohemian Rhapsody." Somehow, I think Amadeus would have approved. It's a cryin' shame either one of them is dead now.




I figure the more events I plan for myself, the less time I work! I'm forcing myself into a new schedule so I won't work 80-hour weeks anymore. It's a hard habit to break.

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home