Saturday, September 08, 2007

Quote of the Day

“I just feel uncomfortable listening to a report by the Government Accountability Office about a war effort.”

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Her problem is listening to information that that not politically benefit her party. The GAO is nonpartisan.

Comptroller General David Walker responded to Ros-Lehtinen's criticism.


"Several things, any comments that I make are based upon work the GOA has done. They're not my personal opinion. It's not appropriate for me to gave my personal opinion. I can't separate myself from my position as Comptroller General of the United States and head of the Gao. So they're not my personal opinion and they're based upon work the GAO has done.


"We have people with military experience, with foreign policy experience, with a variety of other things that work in GAO. The President and the Vice President have no military or foreign policy experience. Does that mean I don’t respect their opinion? I do. They’ve got a lot of people who work for them that do. So I think it’s a false claim to say you know we’re not qualified to do this work. We’re eminently qualified to do this work."


Walker was interviewed on CSPAN about the report.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home