Sunday, May 06, 2007

:: Naked Brunch: Remodeling and a Blowjob ::


I remodeled again.  About every three to four months, I get bored with the page I look at so often and for so many hours every week at Sine.Qua.Non's Journal.  I changed the header recently to an older one just because people thought the artified picture closeup of my eyes looked mean.  I decided they were right and simply switched to an old header I had from last year.  I have a dozen or more so far.  Anyways, I really like the way this one feels to me.  All infinity, Yin-Yang, and Zen-Like.  Balance.  Yes, this is what I strive for and ever fail to capture.  But, at least I try.  The symbol left, also in the header, is the 'S' in Sine.Qua.Non, which has been encircled so that the 'S' bisects the circle like the Yin-Yang symbol.  (Ofcourse, the two letters following 'S' are held within the circle as well.  The header also symbolically depicts the continuum symbol.  There are many other similar symbols and forms throughout.  I also created a fav icon (a tiny version of the graphic to the top left of this post) which I can not seem to get to display in the freakin' browser address bar.  In any case, I hope you all like the new decor.  If not.... I could give a rats ass. 

I shall be out of pocket at Sin's Journal from the 19th through the 23rd to attend a massive Convention in glittery Las Vegas.  I am NOT taking my computer.  If you are attending too, look me up.  I'll be the woman from South Texas, among the hundreds of thousands of others there for the same exact reason.  I'll be there with my hunky boss, who has more energy than the entirety of the Las Vegas Strip combined.  I am giving away cool little phone/PDA chair rests and retractable name tag/security card lanyards.  If you are with a major/minor corporation, come see me.  I WANT YOU!  Good Luck! 

Don't forget to check out the cool tunes I acquired for your listening pleasure.  (You can D/L them, too.) 


It's Sunday, so it's time for: The Gospel According to Heywood over at OBI St- is it Steak and a Blowjob Day. You know, women need sayings like that. Say, shrimp and linguine day... no, no, that won't quite cut it.


The Ripped One will be broadcasting tonite at 9:05 CT some extraordinary tunes for The Decompression Chamber. I'll be listening. Be there.


There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like living through a decade wherein the President has one of the lowest approval ratings of all time.  

According to the new NEWSWEEK Poll, the public’s approval of Bush has sunk to 28 percent, an all-time low for this president in our poll, and a point lower than Gallup recorded for his father at Bush Sr.’s nadir. The last president to be this unpopular was Jimmy Carter who also scored a 28 percent approval in 1979. This remarkably low rating seems to be casting a dark shadow over the GOP’s chances for victory in ’08.

VETO:  This could be another reason why those poll numbers are taking a leap off an endless cliff.  It is also obvious, this President and administration apparently don't know when to quit digging the hole they have found themselves in.  They will never see daylight.  That hole is way too deep to climb out of and the sides are crumbling in......burial isn't far behind, it seems.  At least for the people actually engaged in this so-called war.

There’s been a 20-point shift from the Republicans to the Democrats since 2004, and retired generals speaking out have become a regular feature of the anti-war movement. In a phone call with reporters Thursday, Brig. Gen. John H. Johns disputed Bush’s contention that the standoff in Washington was hurting the troops’ morale. “Soldiers fight for their buddies and the unit; they don’t philosophize,” he said. “There are times when you need to educate the public and undermine the lockstep saluting of a failed policy.”

This makes me sick.   

Conventional Wisdom:

Bush
By saying that exiting Iraq is surrendering, he's cutting his options and just running out the clock. Nice plan.

 
I don't vote for someone because of their ethnicity, race, religion, or sexual preference.  Why would I vote for a woman, just because she is a woman.  So I can be disappointed, yet again, by the same freakin' individual I had hopes for 6-years ago?  Ain't gonna happen, Hillary.

What does it say about the practices and policies of the United States when the U.S. troops can not philosophically nor ethically agree that it's all right to torture, maim, kill, murder, rape, illegally imprison, kidnap, etc. the people we are supposedly trying to defeat?

Jesus Christos and Buddha, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Note:  No where, in any planners dream, is a Wal.Mart part of an Urban Plan, much less exploding out the natural beauty and geology of a given environ.)

Now, this is tragic.  Damnit, quit cooperating.

Enhanced Egg-Laying Inducement Technique:



"Who are you accusing of being unilateralist?" -- White House spokeswoman Dana Perino, responding to a reporter's question as to whether brief discussions with the Iranians and the Syrians signaled an end to "unilateralism."

DITTO, damnit...


Showing up is half the battle. (As if I've been showing up myself!) Lessons learned.


Well, Christ on a crutch, so to speak.


The Rude Pundit, as always, witty and fabulously rude, is absolutely right: A Dead Dog Could Beat These Guys


Music Slut has been Bjorked


Moreon the saga of federal prosecutor dismissals from Anonymous Liberal.


Josh Marshall has the tale of voter fraud and prosecutorial exceptions for Bush supporters.


Straight White Guy went to Scotland and I just want to hate him for not taking me, too.


Shameless Complacency has a beach I want to roll around in with some choice male and some tunes you might like.


A warning from Libbrit at Shakesville: The contents of foreign products are not always what they seem. (Out dogs certainly found that out.)


Raminagrobis ego has been found out!


Jus to somebody knows my opinion of the Texas Legislature: I detest their sorry asses. Even the Democrats. Because in Texas, 80+% of them may as well be Republicans.



P!: Do something, damnit!


Norwegianity: As the French say, "Off with their heads!"


Do something about this mess and make sure it doesn't happen.


Digby on Weird Willard Romney. Reminds me of that movie from the 70s called "Willard." Related?


FP Passport:Is the world flat or not?


Chris Floyd's ever nimble mind on the bipartisan deathgrip in Iraq: Surging into Slaughter


From Burnt Organge Report: (I wish I could go to this.)

Join Texas Monthly Talks for an interview with writer and provocateur Christopher Hitchens, who has something to say about the war in Iraq, why women aren?t funny, and every conceivable subject in between.

Hitchens has written 16 books, is a columnist for Vanity Fair and a regular contributor to Slate, has served as Washington editor of Harper?s, and has written for The Nation, The London Review of Books, and countless other magazines. And Hitchens leaves no room for doubt about his opinions, beginning with the title of his latest book: God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 10:00 a.m.
(Please arrive by 9:30 a.m.)
KLRU Studio A (Austin City Limits Studio)
2504-B Whitis - Map
(Southeast corner of 26th and Guadalupe), 6th Floor

RSVP for you and your guests
by Friday, May 11, 2007

Tim at Balloon Juice has some Pandering Lessons for Mitt Romney???


Blog Meridian meanders through a beautiful Carot.


And, last of all........ Acephalous is holding a BLOGWIDE STRIKE ACTION. We need 500 hundred comments on that post to break his fast. What brought this on, I'm not sure, but, who the hell cares.


At Jesus General, the Unapologetic Mexican has a treatise on whether blogging creates real change and the General, well, I think he is feeling insulted because some of us didn't quite appreciate one of the vomitous tunes he posted last week. (A Leo Sayer video.) In response he wants to know what your favorite tunes are and he has a player up with some decidedly superior music this time around. Thank the gods! And, since I was an early insulter, I guess I best report in with my own.


Have a fabulous week everyone. Hopefully, I'll have more time to post this coming week.


Now...... I'm going to go turn myself into Scheherazade.


tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 9:17 PM , Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I love this page most of all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home