List of Charlie Crist Vetoes
Governor Charlie Crist has vetoed $459 million in spending out of the budget. My personal favorite veto is the $1.5 million for the Tom Adams National Training Center for Rowing. To answer the question; yes, we are talking about boat rowing. The worst veto is $18 million for community and state college funds for Bright Futures Savings. The money is used to help pay tutition for many financially needy students. Crist made other education cuts in pilots programs for low performing schools. When people ask why Florida's education system sucks - they need no more than look at the budgets.
Cuts in the Tampa area.
1. $1 million - Tampa Bay Regional Transportation Authority
2. $200,000 - University of Tampa Forenic Program
3. $150,000 - School of Instructional Enhancement - Easter Seals Multiple Disablities Education - Tampa
4. $150,000 - Pinellas County Blueway Trail
5. $10,000 - Purple Heart Monument
Mark Lane notes that $2 million was vetoed on the Riverwalk project. I can't find it in the vetoes. Anyone have any idea of the name of the project?
Another choice veto is $12 million to make restorations on the a farmer's market.
The Miami Herald has posted all the line-item vetoes in Excel format.