Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mean-Spirited Blogging Part 2

I posted about Kate breaking the private teaching/parent confidentiality of posting the transcription of a private email exchange of a problem student. There is also legal questions of a teacher mocking and publishing a student having Asperger’s Syndrome.

We now find that Kate posted the transcription of a private phone exchange she had with a parent. The latter complained Kate was being unprofessional. Kate decided the professional thing to do was write a post the parent a "b*tch."

What interests me is the two comment threads is Kate's fans cheering her on. I doubt they would feel the same way if a teacher emailed publicly mocked them and their children's needs. To these blog readers the parent is always wrong and Kate is right. There is no grey area.

I'm curious as to how these readers can have such certainty without knowing the student, parent or ever observing Kate in a classroom environment. The blog readers don't have facts, but all the truthiness they need. Thank God scientists don't conduct experiments with rocket fuel with the same mentality.

Kate never addressed whether the student had Asperger’s Syndrome. The most logical reason is she never took the time to see the student's medical file. If the school did not have it no record: she could have asked the parent to bring a medical record in. Instead, she simple decided to post a confidential email on her personal blog and Sticks of Fire.

Asperger Syndrome


Social Interaction Children with Asperger Syndrome have poor social skills. They can not read the social cues and, therefore, they don't give the right social and emotional responses. They can lack the desire to share information and experiences with others. These problems are less noticeable with parents and adults, but it leads to an inability to make age appropriate friends. This in turn can lead to frustration and subsequent behavior problems. They find the world a confusing place. They are often alone, some are happy like this, others are not. They are more noticeably different among peer groups in unstructured settings i.e. playgrounds.


How many of Kate's readers know what Asperger Syndrome is? Does Kate?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 2:07 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Something else of note:

On April 11, 2007 I posted Amazing Really What a small World it is
On April 17th, Mrs. Robinson posts Small World
This above post of Mrs. Robinson's was a thinly disguised effort to belittle, intimidate, poke fun at, discredit me and have her 'anonymous commenter friends' (all of whom I have in the past noted sound a lot like Mrs. Robinson) call me crazy and all manner of stuff. Why does this only go on at her blog and not at my crazy, ranting place where the truth is told? LOL !!!

Following this emerging pattern:
On April 10th, 2007 I pointed out that the Tampa Tribune (li_s printed daily) had an astonishingly dishonest and pointed towards victims of property theft abuse in Tampa symptom of Asperger's Syndrome Tampa Trib Making it up as they go along

AND, on Thursday April 19th Mrs. Robinson posts a letter from a parent purporting to be about asperger's syndrome (although she misspells it) Beating up on Hillsborough County School Parents or some such

I've noticed this in the past, as well. I'll post something ... about five days later she'll pick it up like it's hot news. I don't mind and am flattered in a sort of smelly way that she is so enamored of my writing (although anonymously she feels I am a nutting raver, glad she can get this off her chest)
a. when I do this I try to give credit.
b. i'm glad to get the word out so never said a word but did post once how old the news was by posting my own previous comment.

I should have let this go on longer but this is one of the signs of Internet stalking.
So, in the interest of nipping it in the bud, I'm exposing it. I don't mind if it continues but Mrs. Robinson should be aware that she exposes herself to an already opened can of worms by including herself in the ongoing stalking by Hillsborough County employees and City employees that I am exposing on my own blog. So, here is also something that she and Elia share in common (again) They are both guilty of stalking me in public. And, there's more on that but I'll be saving that for another venue.

Like I said, I don't mind her aping me but the subtle threats, innuendo and calling me a conspiracy theorist on a diatribe and talking about how I'm a little nuts (while she's obviously talking to HERSELF) is unacceptable behavior.
And, I am no longer in any doubt why michael hussey took the stance he did. I guess it's obvious where I stand.
Enough stalking. Raise your children, sell your house, be good to kids and their parents, take care of your new boobs and back up off of me.

OR: let's pretend it's purely innocent. Stop trying to make people laugh at others' expense. That's so Eastern Star. And such a prime example of mean-spirited blogging.

 
At April 23, 2007 3:37 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

It's getting better .....
from 'the teacher': Your son has many issues, most of which began long before he arrived in our school. Perhaps you'd do better to sort out those particular problems before coming down on his teachers. We see Adam for fifty minutes a day and cannot possibly undo sixteen years of unaccountability and bad
habits.

She openly accuses this child and parent of being unaccountable and having bad habits for sixteen years. How did she EVER find this out in fifty minutes a day?

Wow, it's great to see the spirit of education shine, thus.
But, the important thing is that kate feels good about herself. Who gives a fuck about the 16-year-old?
The way they prepare kids for 'their real world' now is to belittle them, fail them and allow gang-like activity to foster.
Isn't it great?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home