Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Karl Rove At American University



Karl "MC" Rove was at American University to give a speech to the Young Republicans Club. Students protested Rove's visit because he defied a presidential act that all White House email is recording on official presidential email and servers.

Students laid in front of Rove's car and reportedly threw things. I'm not sure about the latter from this video. The is a lot of yelling towards Rove in the Youtube video.

I'm not a fan of political protest. They have taken on a circus atmosphere. I certainly do not support throwing things at people. Someone could get hurt. This is coming from a big Rove basher.

Shock protests like these hurt the left. Randall Terry's attempt to deliver a fetus to Bill Clinton isn't helping the anti-abortion movement. I will state the Terry incident is sickening and far worse. The students would be better off trying to make a difference within the system.

For the record: I threw beer bottles at street sweepers in my early twenties when my Friends and I were drinking. I strongly suggest people don't do that or throw things at people they politically disagree with. It would be hypocritical for me to say that I would never do something like that.

Hat tip to Wayne Garcia.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home