Friday, March 23, 2007

Florida To Go Paper Ballots

Charlie Crist wants to do away with touch-screen voting. Crist wants Florida to go to paper ballots. One touch-screen voting machine will remain at each polling place. This is for people for prefer touch-screens.

Sec of State Kurt Browning outlines Crist's new proposal.


Kurt Browning, said Thursday the governor's wants "to move as many ballots to paper as we possibly can. And this revised proposal will actually put 99 percent of all the ballots cast in any election ... on paper."


Crist testified today to the US House elections subcommittee on Florida's election reforms.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 25, 2007 11:18 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

I was reading a thread on daily kos or one of the florida progressive blogs that was making alot of sense concerning this issue. Those posting were saying that Charlie is trying to slip something by in the form of a paper trail NOT a paper ballot. I can't remember exactly what it said but it was very clear. I can't find the thread currently and when I linked to it apparently I cut and pasted wrong because the link is incorrect, as well. I'm still searching it down. If it hadn't been a very well thought of blog I'd have paid it little attention but it was one of the biggies. I'm spending some time going through history to find it. Just wanted to comment on this before this rolls off the front page.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home