Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Cheney CNN Meltdown

Frank Rich has an brilliant op-ed touching upon Dick Cheney's meltdown during his interview with Wolf Blitzer.


BLITZER: Here's what Jim Webb, senator from Virginia said in his Democratic response last night.


SEN. JIM WEBB (D), VIRGINIA: The president took us into this war recklessly. We are now, as a nation, held hostage to the predictable and predicted disarray that has followed.


BLITZER: And it's not just Jim Webb; it's some of your good Republican friends in the Senate and the House are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders, of the failures. Gordon Smith...


CHENEY: Wolf...


BLITZER: Gordon Smith...


CHENEY: Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash.


Cheney will also attack John Kerry for saying Mary Cheney should be treated with dignity.


We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as.


Cheney will attack Keery for political purposes. Yet, Cheney will not stand up for his daughter when she is attacked by the Christian Right.


CHENEY: I just fundamentally disagree. You heard my speech when Don retired. I think he's done a superb job.

BLITZER: We're out of time, but a couple of issues I want to raise with you. Your daughter, Mary. She's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby, you're going to have another grandchild. Some of the -- some critics, though, are suggesting -- for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family, "Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father doesn't mean it's best for the child." Do you want to respond to that? CHENEY: No, I don't.


BLITZER: She's, obviously, a good daughter...


CHENEY: I'm delighted -- I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf. And obviously I think the world of both my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.


BLITZER: I think all of us appreciate...


CHENEY: I think you're out of line.


The Daily Show has highlights from the Cheney interview.


View this on LiveDigital

1 Comments:

At February 04, 2007 11:48 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

This struck me as hilll-arious

(Cheney)Bottom line is that we've had enormous successes and we will continue to have enormous successes. It is hard. It is difficult. It's one of the toughest things any president has to do. It's easy to stick your finger in the air and figure out which way the winds are blowing, and then to try to get in front of the herd. This president doesn't work that way.

Me: No, he certainly does not. Most of the time he appears to have been run over by the herd or have no idea where even the stragglers of the herd are. One day he'll have to be surgically separated from Dick if Mr.Cheney stops too soon. I hope it ends up on youtube.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home