Tuesday, November 28, 2006

NRSC In Debt

I wonder how long Elizabeth Dole will be running National Republican Senatorial Committee. This letter she sent out to supporters is hysterical.

***

Dear Republican Friend,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous support of our efforts to elect Republicans to the United States Senate this year.

I just wish I could say I'm writing today to celebrate a Republican victory -- but as you know, we were beaten by the Democrats in a very difficult election year for Republicans nationwide.

But even though we were unable to retain our Senate Majority, I believe we can still walk away from this election with our heads held high...

...Despite the odds against us, we fought hard in all our U.S. Senate races and still managed to keep the Senate extremely close!

And given how close so many races were, I even authorized the NRSC to go into debt so we could put more money into important Election Day messages.

As a result, the NRSC is now in debt after we spent every last cent on last-minute advertising and other efforts.

That's why I'm reaching out to the NRSC's most loyal and generous supporters like you today.

If you are in a position to do so, please make an immediate online contribution to the NRSC in the amount of $25, $50, $75, $100, $250, or more to help us wipe-out our remaining debt and make sure we have the funds to start 2007 with the maximum financial strength possible.

I know you have already done so much this year. And I truly wish that I did not have to ask you for another contribution...

But if we let this debt linger, it will cripple our efforts to recruit great candidates for the next election and begin our drive to win the one additional seat we need to regain the Senate Majority.

So please, don't let me down -- Help the NRSC recover from our election debt at once.

Remember, the sooner we can pay off the debt from the last election and begin to focus on the next campaign, the greater our chances are of regaining the majority in the next election.

So please help me make sure the next NRSC Chairman can hit the ground running in 2007 with no debt.

Simply follow this link to help fund our debt retirement efforts with an immediate, secure online donation today!

No matter how much you can contribute, I want you to know that I deeply appreciate all that you have done for our Party, our Senate candidates, and me during the past year.

As my term as NRSC Chair comes to an end, I look back and cherish the great friendships I have made with loyal Republicans all across this country. I am truly thankful to have friends like you who are committed to our cause, our ideals and principles.

With my warmest best wishes,

Senator Elizabeth Dole
Chair, National Republican Senatorial Committee

***

Don't expect Dole to get the NRSC out of debt. She did a lousy job fundraising when the NRSC was in the black.

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 4:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... wait...

BUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I mean, I feel for them. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home