Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mark Foley Wanted Hot Boys

At this point I think it will be harder to find male pages that Mark Foley didn't hit on.


One former page, who was not identified, told Reuters that Foley sent him e-mails when he was 16 asking about "my roommates, if I ever saw them naked." Later, the former page said Foley hinted about a job opportunity "because I was a hot boy," the newspaper quoted him as saying.

Two years later, the page, now 22, said, he wrote Foley to ask about hotels in Washington. "You could always stay at my place. I’m always here, I’m always lonely, and I’m always up for oral sex," he quoted the disgraced former member of Congress as saying, reports Reuters.


The former Republican page said, "I didn’t want to piss off a member of an institution that I really revered. I figured maybe someday I will want to be involved in Congress. I didn’t want to make an enemy." It brings up a good question. The St. Petersburg Times blew off a what a former page told them. Ditto the Republican leadership. How much of this was because Foley was in a position of power and the accusations of teens weren't taken seriously?

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Lord Acton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home