Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tramm Hudson Caught On Video



Tramm Hudson is a Republican running for Katherine Harris's former 13th congressional district seat. He recently made this unguarded statement.


"I grew up In Alabama, and I understand, and I know this from my experience, but blacks are not the greatest swimmers or may not even know to swim."


He is doing some backtracking now.


“I said something stupid. I apologize for it and would apologize in person to anyone hurt by my comments. To those who are understandably offended, you have my deepest apologies and I want you to know that it was out of character for me and those who know me know that to be a fact. This was a thoughtless remark that does not reflect my lifetime commitment to treating everyone fairly and without bias. I apologize to everyone who is offended by this comment.”


I report. You decide.

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 3:55 PM , Blogger zencomix said...

"I apologize for it and would apologize in person to anyone hurt by my comments"

I suggest swamping his office with calls. Ask him to come "apologize in person" for his comments. That should keep him busy for a while!

 
At August 19, 2006 3:51 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I say make him do the Trent Lott BET TV appearance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home