Thursday, March 02, 2006

Scotty, the Cameras Are Not On

Only an amateur like Scott McClellan would imply that David Gregory, of NBC News, of playing for the cameras when there are no cameras.

MR. McCLELLAN: They contacted the local -- Mrs. Armstrong contacted the local paper early Sunday morning.

Q Scott, that's not the answer to the question. Come on. You're totally ducking and weaving here.

MR. McCLELLAN: No, I'm not.

Q You are, Scott. We don't --

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm telling you what the Vice President's Office --

Q We don't care if some ranch owner calls a local paper.

MR. McCLELLAN: Hold on. Cameras aren't on right now. You can do this later.

Q You know what, Scott? You may think that's cute and funny, but you're not answering the question, and that's a dodge. And don't accuse me of trying to pose for the cameras. Don't be a jerk to me, personally. When I'm asking you a serious question, you should give us a serious answer --

MR. McCLELLAN: You don't have to yell.

Q -- instead of jerking us around.

MR. McCLELLAN: You don't have to yell.

Q I will yell. If you want to use that podium and try to take shots at me personally, which I don't appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that's wrong.

MR. McCLELLAN: Calm down, David.

Q So answer the question.

MR. McCLELLAN: Calm down.

Q I'll calm down when I feel like calming down. You answer the question.

MR. McCLELLAN: I have answered the question, and I'm sorry you're getting all riled up about it.

Q I am riled up because you're not answering the question....

It's amazing how Scotty backed down when the cameras aren't on. This man has no concept of public relations. Ofcourse, he is suppose to spin for his employers. He behaves like a jackass to the people he has to communicate with. Scotty learned nothing from Ari Fleischer. That guy was a Jedi Master of charm and spin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home