Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Katherine Harris, Tom Feeney & the Duke

The truth is -- I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I knowthatI will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, and most importantly, the trust of my friends and family.

Some time ago, I asked my lawyers to inform the U.S. Attorney Carol Lam that I would like to plead guilty and begin serving a prison term. Todayis the culmination of that process. I will continue to cooperate with the government’s ongoing investigationto the best of my ability.


Randy "Duke" Cunningham

"It's a joke...we now know what the price of buying a vote is."

Tom Feeney

Apparently, Feeney believes that gifts of a Rolls-Royce and a yacht and not too large for a Congressman.


Prosecutors said Cunningham, an eight-term House member, "demanded, sought and received" illicit payments in the form of cash, home payments, furnishings, cars and vacations from four co-conspirators, including two defense contractors, over the past five years.


Cunningham sold his house to defense contractor MZM Inc for $1,675,000. San Diego Realtors appraised the house for less than a million. Cunningham bought the property back for $975,000. That is some deal.

Feeney has received $5,000 from the Duke.

Katherine Harris has received donations from MZM, Inc. Harris in currently in the center of another controversy. She has received $32,000 in illegal contributions from Mitchell J. Wade. He was recently convicted for bribing Cunningham.

Take a guess who Wade worked for? If you said MZM Inc then are you are correct. Welcome to Florida politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home