Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dick Cheney Is All Heart

The Vice-President's lack of empathy for the man he just shot is astounding.


Question: And what did you do then? Did you get up and did you go with him, or did you go to the hospital?

Cheney: No, I had -- I told my physician's assistant to go with him, but the ambulance is crowded and they didn't need another body in there. And so we loaded up and went back to ranch headquarters, basically. By then, it's about 7:00 p.m. at night. And Harry


Jesus. Cheney shot the man and didn't even go to the hospital with him.

Bloggers are jumping on Cheney's "I had a beer at lunch" comment. My friend Ben and I were thinking that this hunting party was probably lit. Katherine Armstrong caved in and admitted, "the vice president fixed himself a cocktail back at the house."

Jane Hamsher links to this quote by police officer Michael Embley.


One lie I can always spot is "two beers." When I hear that from a driver that I've stopped for erratic driving, then I know that I've hit the jackpot. I don't know why 90% of drunk drivers say they've had two beers. It's like there is some sort of genetic code that dictates this answer. They could say they've had two glasses of wine or one martini but they rarely do. I don't mind though because it just makes my job easier.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home