Sunday, February 17, 2008

He Got Game



Charles Barkley has never been afraid of sharing his opinion. (Any guy that body-slammed Shaquille O'Neal will say what he damn well pleases.) Sir Charles goes on The Situation Room to share his feelings about the Christian Right.

BARKLEY: Hey, I live in Arizona. I have got great respect for Senator McCain. Great respect. But I don't like the way the Republicans are taking this country. Every time I hear the word "conservative," it makes me sick to my stomach, because they're really just fake Christians, as I call them. That's all they are. But I just -- I'm going to vote Democratic no matter what.

...BLITZER: All right. One quick point before I let you go. You used the phrase "fake Christians" for conservatives. Explain what you're talking about.

BARKLEY: Well, I think they -- they want to be judge and jury. Like, I'm for gay marriage. It's none of my business if gay people want to get married. I'm pro-choice. And I think these Christians -- first of all, they're supposed to be -- they're not supposed to judge other people. But they're the most hypocritical judge of people we have in this country. And it bugs the hell out of me. They act like their Christians. And they're not forgiving at all.

BLITZER: So you're going to get a lot of feedback on this one, Charles.

BARKLEY: They can't do anything to me. I don't work for them.

BLITZER: You feel comfortable saying all that?

BARKLEY: I feel very comfortable saying I'm pro-choice, and I'm for gay marriage. Very comfortable.

BLITZER: But you can't lump all these conservatives as being fake. A lot of them obviously -- most of them are very, very sincere in their religious beliefs.

BARKLEY: Well, they should read the part about they're not supposed to judge other people. They forget that one when it doesn't fit what they want it to say. "

I'm more than happy to refresh the memories of Christians.

Jesus: “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2008 4:34 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

barkley and majerle made me fans of basketball.

Of all things.

I was proud of him for speaking up. He's got a rep for that. LOL.
He's a guy you don't really mind entering politics because he actually THINKS, too ... unlike certain rasslers on the Hillsborough County Commission.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home