Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tampa Area Reactions To Ann Coulter's Attack on Edwards

Ann Coulter made these remarks about John Edwards at the Conservative Political Action Conference.


“I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”


Here is the reaction from the chairmen of the Hillsborough and Pasco county Republicans.


Hillsborough County GOP Chairman David Storck: “If the gal from the Dixie Chicks can call the president names, I guess Coulter has a right to say what she wants.”


I don't see Coulter releasing a Grammy award-winning album in the near future. Natalie Maines was attacking George W. Bush on his Iraq policy. Not his sexuality or appearance.


Pasco County Party Chairman Bill Bunting: “I have a lot of respect for her and I stand behind her. I wish she’d be the speaker at my dinner.”


To get an idea of what kind of person Coulter is; she failed to call Adam Carolla's radio show the week before. Then called an hour an a half late a week later. What Carolla does is vulgar, but hilarious.



Update: Lindsay Beyerstein has a great remark:


Coulter is in urgent need of rehab. If she doesn't get help soon, she'll shave her head and attack the press with umbrellas.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 04, 2007 11:30 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

considering the source (storck) ... well, he made it lifelike.

Let's get together with Lindsay and all take up donations and send The Stick a bunch of umbrellas.

 
At March 04, 2007 11:51 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Lindsay would never go for the idea. She stays above the fray. I'm waiting for BitchLab to call me sexist asshat again for making another Britney reference. She hates me and Amanda Marcotte. Not sure what her beef is against Amanda. She doesn't like me for a fight Kate started with me.

 
At March 05, 2007 12:35 AM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Yes, we should be dignified; I was kidding ....

Well, they tee them up for you ....... what are you to DO, ignore them? Geez.

 
At March 05, 2007 9:06 AM , Blogger Duke of DeLand said...

I guess, while I personally condemn such comments and find Coulter rather brash and loud as if she needs to draw attention to her writings, I am astounded at the response from the liberal left.

Have any of you read some of the wonderfully-outrageous comments coming from Sheehan? They are equally offensive. However, such things when said in a liberal cause are not at all objectionable to the liberals.

I dislike any form of vileness such as Coulter's remark....though I have issued some shxx on my blog from time to time (not that far out).
I find it amusing that while most, if not all, GOP contenders lashed out at Coulter...not a liberal to be found opposes anything Sheehan has to say!

Double standard????

Duke

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home